The information on this page is aimed at parents, carers and Cadets so that they can be fully informed as to the requirements of the Air Training Corps in relation to fitness to fly as well as the consents that are required.
A Consent Form Av Med 1 is now required for each occasion a Cadets goes flying or gliding.
If, during the completion of this form a medical condition is highlighted then guidance is provided on the form. Sadly, this may mean the Cadet may be unable to fly or they may need a Doctor to sign a further consent form known as the Medical Declaration Form F6424.
Paper copies are normally available on the Squadron, however, if you forget to pick one up you can print them out from the BADER website – see the Useful Resources box on the lower left hand side of the BADER web page.
- RAFAC Av Med 1 Form (electronic) – an xls version that can be edited once downloaded.
- RAFAC Av Med 1 Form (paper) – an xls version that contains a few guidance notes and can be edited once downloaded.
- Medical Consent and Declaration Form F6424 (word)
Information and Guidance
- Medical Fitness & Eligibility for Flying – (Annex A to ACTO31, PDF)
- Medical Fitness & Eligibility for Gliding – (Annex A to ACTO 32, PDF)
Due to the regulations of the organisation, failure to be in possession of the appropriate and valid consents will mean the flying and gliding schools will be unable to fly the Cadet concerned.
We want you to have a safe and enjoyable flight so please read the information carefully in order to fully comply with content and if you have any questions please ask a member of the Squadron staff.